The changes I made from my previous attempt were, to swap the type of flour used, to change the type of vinegar used (I figured that rice wine vinegar would be a lot milder than apple cider), and the type of oil used. You can really use any type of mild flavoured oil for this.
The other crucial bit that I changed was to use melted chocolate instead of cacao powder. The icing came out so silky and it tasted amazing!!! Enjoy!
Ingredients300 gms white spelt flour
225 gms raw organic sugar
30 gms organic cacao powder (you can also use cocoa)
11 gms baking powder
90 gms rice bran oil
30 gms rice wine vinegar
375 gms oat milk
- Prepare 2 x 12 hole cupcake tray with cupcake cases, and set aside (this makes 18-20).
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- In a bowl mix together the dry ingredients, wisk and set aside.
- In a glass jar, mix together the wet ingredients, whisk.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry and gently whisk together until combined.
- Divide the mix into the 18 cupcake cases, and bake for 20 minutes or until done when tested with a wooden toothpick.
|100 gms Nuttelex(or other vegan margarine)|
150 gms icing sugar
100 gms semi sweet chocolate (vegan)